IT-Neuausrichtung des Saarlandes
The Institute for Information Systems (IWi) accompanies the cooperation project "IT-Neuausrichtung des Saarlandes" administrated by the Office of Central IT Management (CIO) of the Ministry for Finance and Europe. The project resumes previous e-government modernization and continues sustainable alignment of the country´s information technology.
The project was initiated in 2009. A former work group of the Saarland state government has created a project contract to realign the IT structures in the provincial administration and has presented it to the State Secretary´s meeting. Opportunities for cooperation with universities and local authorities should have been investigated. The project itself was launched by the Secretary of State´s decision in October 2010.
After an actual survey of all IT components of the provincial administration and the cooperation partners, occured their assessment and the development of optimization proposals and identifying potential areas of cooperation with the universities and the municipal level.
Targets and the project´s study areas
- Centralized locations of hardware and software
- Standardization of software
- IT staff´s efficiency
- Expansion of cooperation
- Centralization of procurement
- Quality standards for a smooth performance for central IT services
- Integrated project management for the integration of organizational-, IT- and business areas
- Project I „Consolidation with prior actual survey“
- Project II „Cooperation“
- Project III „E-Government-strategy“
- Project IV „IT-strategy (project management of IT- projects)“
Source & link: http://www.saarland.de/cio.htm
(Prof. Dr. Peter Loos/Workshop mit den Kommunen)
(Dr. Hanno Thewes/1.IT-Tag der Landesverwaltung)